If you had to join the forces witch one would you join? I'm thinking about joining the U.S. ARMY but i'm not sure if thats the right one for me.....
PM me if you have any thing I might need to know or any helpful tips.....
If you had to join the forces witch one would you join? I'm thinking about joining the U.S. ARMY but i'm not sure if thats the right one for me.....
PM me if you have any thing I might need to know or any helpful tips.....
[IMG]http://img522.imageshack.us/img522/1842/rustysig.jpg[/IMG]
Yea ive been thinking of joining for some time now. If i do join it is between the army and the air force.
"Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre
All I can tell you is to take your time, do your research, and only believe what a recruiter can put in writing. I know times have changed since I joined, but I have spoken to several former students who are in the Army and it hasn't changed that much.
just depends if you want combat or not.
Army or Marines are the combat, going straight overseas.
Air Force and Navy aren't so much about being shipped out.
Heck why not stay home? as in the USA, and join up with the Coast Guard?
Take 82abn's advice. No one else can truly make that decision for yourself. Its really up to you. Good luck to you if you do join, and you will have my respect.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
If you can join the AF, do that before the others. Way back when I joined, the recruiter and the guy at MEPS told me my job as a 13F would be mostly working with computers. I ended up in a light unit carrying a singars radio on my back 2 months out of every 3 in the field...guess that was the computer they spoke of..lol. Did learn to program it tho..
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
Marines - mostly because it's kind of a family thing though.
[I]I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech. [/I]
I've been seriously thinking of joining the National Guard
I'm in the Air Force, I have been for about 1.5 years and love it. I joined the Air Force because I had two brothers in the Army and they both told me to go with the Air Force. I'm really glad I listened. I have been around the Army a lot and they get treated like crap. 15 month deployment, longer normal work hours etc. I work 7-4, 5 days a week, and I have learned some awesome skills in surveying (GPS, Conventional, and Construction), drafting, GIS, and some other skills. I got around 36 college credits for my training. I think the Army only gets about 6 from the physical training in basic. If you want to be gungho then go Army or Marines, but if you want to learn something and still seve your country then I reccomend the Air Force.
Bookmarks